An enterprise sales manager identifies opportunities to boost sales and profitability by leading a sales team and provides guidance, training, and mentorship. An enterprise sales manager is responsible for the management of organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales and expense control.
- Have a clear and comprehensive understanding of products, business models, customer marketplace and organizational structure.
- Set sales priorities and key selling strategies to achieve sales objectives.
- Leverage relationships to open doors to new strategic business opportunities.
- Directly manage a growing team of senior individual contributors responsible for the acquisition of new customers as well as managing relationships with existing clients across the region.
- Consistently monitor the sales activity of the team and track results.
- Inspire and motivate employees on a daily basis and bring innovation to the sales process to help accelerate our market growth trajectory
- Accurately forecast recurring revenue pipelines along with incremental bookings
- Constantly innovate ways to balance sales opportunities, client management, and new customer onboarding responsibilities
- Focus on client success in order to build a talent pipeline and create a pool of customers that will serve as references for sales and marketing purposes
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will serve as the foundation for this growing team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with the product and marketing teams
- Be proactive about solving problems even if it’s outside of your area
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives